Friday, October 24, 2008

Habitat and All That

Wednesday was spent on a build site for Habitat for Humanity. I have to also say that Wednesday was the coldest day of the season so far. The wind was howling and whipping around so much that at times it was unsafe to be up on a ladder. Sounds like the perfect day to be out framing windows right? I now understand how to frame a window and have used a chop saw. I must say that I am pretty good at the whole measure and cut thing. And I got to balance myself with a hammer over my head while balancing myself on 3 inch rail while straddling another woman who was in said corner holding up the molding. That took me back a few years to cheerleading.

Speaking of going back a few years I am headed back to good old South Dakota this weekend. A month ago I got a strange call from my best friend from high school and she's getting married this weekend and I am going to go. It should be interesting to go back to that area and see some of those people that I haven't seen in a goodly time. It will be nice to see my folks again and to go back in time so to speak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home