Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Meeting Wisedom

Generally I don't have to go to meetings often. If I am involved it is because it is absolutely critical that I am. I have gone to great lengths in the past to make sure that I am not in meetings where they are informative instead of interactive.
 I have a very specialized job and really most meetings do not need me. Now if you have a Canadian tax issue, then yes begrudingly I am probably going to have to be in it. Today, much to my surprise I got a meeting reminder. I peered at it careful and absolutely knew at a glance it was in the category of meetings that I loathe. I then did the next logical thing - scanned the meeting attendents. I sighed because I saw from that I was indeed going to this meeting and would not be able to add anything or use what they are talking about. Joy.
Upside: brownies provided and only lasted a half hour.
Downside: was exactly as feared

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home