Tuesday, March 14, 2006

In the Roomie We Trust

I took her shopping with me last night to help spend the last of my birthday money and we had much success. She bought a magnetic earring that she is going to put in her nose to purposely make the administration where she works twitch during their staff meeting. Her little rebellion and I think it's amusing.
Last night she started the talk I have heard several times in the last month - When are you going to let me take you to my hair stylist. This is the point where I gambled and lost because she's wily. I said oh sure if she can fit me in tomorrow I'll go. This was while we were on the road going to the mall, so I thought maybe she won't have the number. She made a call and well made an appointment for today after she is off work so she can come along. I am not sure if it is to support me or the poor stylist.
So today I am a trusting soul, and later today I will be either reaffirmed in my trust or quite sorry.
I keep expecting that any moment there's going to be a manual that shows up on my bed that explains how to be a girly girl and there will be highlighted sections and a test.
I imagine I will be so distracted by packing that either way I won't notice. Zombie like in the morning as I have to be on a 7 am flight. Ugly math as to when that means getting out of bed.
I should thank NY Kate as last night I got my boots out to throw into the suitcase and remembered to fill them with things to make the space they take up more useful. I really suck at packing. I wonder if there is a remedial class for it.


 

1 Comments:

Blogger ktbuffy said...

Glad I could be helpful! Have a great trip, and have fun at the stylist!!

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home