Monday, March 13, 2006

Rebellion or Stupidity?

I got lunch from the nice little fast food Japanese place today and saw a very sad thing. The girl working behind the counter had 6 piercings in her cheeks. Yes her cheeks. Place two directly out from the corner of the mouth an inch. Go up and inch and down an inch and insert two more. I really wanted a sharpie so I could connect the dots and fill it in with white paint and make her into a clown, because that would have been a whole lot less sad. The rest of her was of course quite goth so the paint would have really made a statement where as the piercings, were just well sad.
I wonder how someone gets started down that path, rebellion or stupidity?

2 Comments:

Blogger ***Dave said...

If it's the place I think it is, I saw the young lady you were referring to (she brought lunch to my table).

I really try to take a "different strokes" attitude toward piercing of that sort, but ... not my cuppa, either to have or to see.

1:18 PM  
Blogger DeAnna said...

Neither. Warning label. Those kind of piercings are a way of saying, "I have different priorities in this life than you will ever need to know. Don't date me."

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home