Friday, July 28, 2006

Sucky Mommy Moment

I had the girl last night and this morning per always she was quite happy when we arrived at daycare. She tried to wiggle out of her seat to get inside. I carried her in and set her down and she ran off to go play. I was talking with the daycare lady for a minute or so and turned to leave, and said what I always say to my baby before I leave and waved. She I thought ignored me but as I was opening the door to leave, I heard her little steps behind me and she ran to the screendoor and was doing a two handed wave as she watched me go. She sat at the door, not crying mind you but watching me go with a look on her face that said she was thinking. I am not sure if she had been crying or screaming that I could have left. Today was a day it sucked to be mommy who works.

1 Comments:

Blogger ***Dave said...

Yeah. There are times when I have to leave Katherine at her summer program and she doesn't want to go (or me to leave) that are just gut-punching.

Fortunately (for me) Margie endures that more often than I do, and probably with more aplomb.

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home