Monday, August 28, 2006

Sometimes I am Crazy

I need to get out of the house more often and I should also get more exercise. I have been trying to make sure I walk at least 2 miles a day and get to the gym when possible, but honestly I'd rather get out and go somewhere when I walk then spend time on a tread mill or elliptical machine. It's one of my little quirks and why I hated running track in high school.

One of the things I have been doing since the divorce is a lot of self evaluation and part of that is trying to remember the things I like to do that I haven't done in some time. I used to love to play softball, and I was pretty good at it long ago. I have signed up for the softball team here at work and the first game is tonight.......And the second game is tonight.

It's a bad sign when your roomie hands you icy hot and instructions on where to put it on the drive home. She started playing a couple months ago so the places where I am going to hurt are fresh in her mind. Another bummer is by the time I get home from the back to back games that start at 8 pm the hot tub will be closed.

This should be interesting as I don't really like to run, but as it is running in only short stretches it should be fine. It aggravates my childhood asthma and is one of the few things that does anymore. I generally try to avoid those things I as threw my old inhaler out about 5 years ago. Oh and my balance is dramatically different then it used to be back when I had to run a lot :), but I am pretty sure I won't fall over now.

Yeah so I am a bit crazy but its all part of being healthier.

1 Comments:

Blogger ***Dave said...

That sounds very cool.

And I much prefer walking real places than on a treadmill.

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home