Sunday, September 03, 2006

Back Tracking

It occurs to me that while I talked about the trip to Georgia for business that I didn't mention the trip to NY and Mass for fun. I had a great time in NY hanging out with Tim and Barry. Those two guys are just a riot and it's a shame they are so far away. Thursday night we went to the Dinosaur - which funny enough came up while talking to some of the people in Georgia - when I said where I had been in NY I was asked if I had ever eaten there. The Dinosaur is a really fun place with a sassy waitstaff.

Friday morning the three of us went to Julie's for breakfast and then I hung out with Barry for awhile and then drove to Mass to hang out with Random. That was also a very fun time. He lives near a lake and while he had plans for part of the day on Saturday I went for a walk and hike around the lake in really the exact wrong shoes :). We went to a place called the Old Mill for dinner where I got to feed ducks and have fantastic swordfish....mmmm....swordfish :). It's also a shame that the folks in Mass are so far away as well.

Then Sunday back to NY and I was lucky enough to be going the correct way on the road because going from NY to Mass the turnpike was backed up for 5 miles. Sunday night Tim and I went out for dinner and when we got back to his place Barry was there and the three of us hung out watching Coupling. Just two episodes was what we were going to watch......not so much with the stopping there.

Monday morning Stan, Sam, Barry, Tim and I had breakfast at Julie's and then three of us were off to the airport. Stan and I for the first time on the trip got to sit next to each other on the plane. He had a misadventure on the way to NY which caused him to miss the plane from Denver to Atlanta. So when we hit Atlanta from NY we sat down and had a bit to eat while I waited for Delta to lose my luggage. There's a long story there but the short version is I was expecting them to lose my bag and wasn't disappointed. The disappointing part is that I had to leave Stan and then wait around for 3 hours for them to tell me they had already sent my bag to Denver.

I couldn't even go get the rental car for my team because my credit card didn't arrive until after I got back from the trip :).

Thanks to everyone who made my vacation relaxing and fun. I think I am starting to get addicted to this travel thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home