Thursday, September 21, 2006

I Did Read the Label!

I have found a new lip balm that I really like and it is tupelo honey. I have a food allergy so of course I always read the label and the only thing it mentions is [Citrus medica leimonum (lemon) peel oil and other flavor ingredients.] Sounds safe enough to me because well it's honey not lemon in the name.....Yeah not so much. Applying something your allergic to in a place where you have a reaction - not the best idea ever. Luckily I felt the reaction happening when I had used it too often and it is confined to one area.

Right in other news - still house shopping. The usual suspects are meeting with me tonight at a prospective house that has a choice location but really needs some TLC. The catch to this place is that the offers go not to the home owner but to the bank. They pick one from however many they have and decide what is best for them. No negotiations. I might still try for it anyway because well it would be really convening for me in a co-parent sense.

What else - softball team still needs some work. We did manage to score a whole 6 runs! Whoot because that is 4 more than the first two games combined. I have to unfortunately miss practice tonight in favor of house shopping.

Tires. **WARNING: RANT FORTHCOMING** Why is it that car tires are so cheap and SUV/Truck tires are so damned expensive? A cheap car tire is what - $20? A cheap SUV tire is $90! Now being logical about it, you don't need 4+ car tires to equal 1 SUV/Truck tire! I did what you have to do to get a decent price on tires which is call a couple places and let them know what the other guy will do for you. I did this and yesterday saved over $100 on tires. It was still close to $500 but they are supposed to last 60k miles. I did however drive through a very large water puddle today just to check the traction and it was awesome. The tires have the interlocking center strip that all terrain tires have and then two water channels to help in ice/snow/water. I think I am going to be happy with them but time will tell.

2 Comments:

Blogger ***Dave said...

Ha. Can't think of a time I've put $20 tires on my car. Sure, the Subaru's less expensive than the Van, but tires (decent tires, at least) are freakin' expensive.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Ok but the point is that one *could* find a $20 tire for a car. One at a minimum can find SUV tires for $90 a tire. Heck the $90 are not the ones I put on my SUV either :).

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home