Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas

Christmas has always been one of my favorite times of the year. No, it's not the presents it is the people. People are just nicer this time of year and happier. They are more happy to let you in when your merging and that's just one of the reasons that it is my favorite time of year.

I could have gone skiing today with the roomie and her family. She called a couple nights ago to see if I wanted to reconsider and go with them. I told her that due to Murphy's law that I would undoubtly break something just in case I have to move this week and if that were not enough because I am going out to California with the wee one. It wasn't the original plan but it is what needs to be done, taking the baby that is. I can't wait. I am very stressed out and I won't find out until tomorrow if I really get to close on the house due to nothing I can control which is very frustrating. Anyway I decided that instead, I would set up a feast for the orphans who didn't have anyplace to go on Christmas.

The Christmas party for work last week was a very good time. It was a very un-Jackie like evening and that is all the details I will share in public :).

So now I am off work until Jan 4th, and I haven't been in the office since I was sent home last Wednesday. I did work from home ( the consortium) on Wednesday and Thursday. Can I just say that there are few things better than being able to do conference calls in your pj's. It just feels so naughty!

I am hopefully closing on my house in two days, and if that falls through then I am just going to get an apartment. Then I'll try again after things have had time to settle and the thing I have no control over is taken care of.

It's a white Christmas here in Colorado and I waiting to hear the news say how rare that is. I remember being in South Dakota last year and it was so flipping cold and in Denver it was 60. This year it won't be as nice with highs in the mid 40's. It's probably a good thing though considering how much snow is still hanging around.

So anyways Merry Christmas to you and yours. May the day be all you could wish for.

1 Comments:

Blogger ***Dave said...

Merry Christmas, Jackie. And congrats.

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home