Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Whirlwind Weekend

I'll start with last Thursday night because it was one of the most adorable things ever. I was invited by Katherine a couple weeks ago to her first grade show. Thanks again to Margie for reminding me that day :). I had KK so I took her with me, and oh my I could have overdosed on cute. The first graders were adorable too, but here's my baby standing on a chair so she can see them, and she is dancing, clapping, trying to sing with them and cheering. She of course doesn't know when the cheering is and is not appropriate so, well I could tell who around me were kid people and who were not. A couple behind me asked how old she was and remarked that she is ready for her first show.

I didn't have anything planned on Friday night which I was a bit bummed about until the roomie called at lunch and said I was going out with her to a Nuggets game. She had free seats and I should meet her and the girls for supper. The seats were 12 rows off the court and really good seats, which is kind of redundant now that I say it like that. The court looks so little from where we were. It was easier to watch the players on the court then the jumbotron.

Saturday - Oh Saturday - Slept in and then got up and took the roomie dress shopping. We found things I liked but nothing I couldn't live without. I had to leave an hour and a half into shopping to go back to the townhouse for the inspection. After the inspection, I called Margie and had her take up the dress shopping reins. It was quite a bit more successful than the previous trip. And can I just say dress shopping is frustrating for women who actually have breasts! Only Calvin Klein understands me and my needs. Thanks Calvin. Anyways, after the shopping which went late I then had to hurry back to the condo and get dressed for a party of a co-worker. It was a subdued night but fun.

Sunday - Tried very hard to sleep in but it didn't work well. Decided it was probably time to start going through things at the casa and picked my closet as the primary target. Hours past......3 full trash bags of clothes - 1 to throw and 2 to donate later and my closet is done. I also packed I think about 7 boxes. Roomie called to see if I wanted to do dinner and a bit more shopping - sure why not. Have I mentioned that the rum coconut shrimp at Red Lobster is damn damn good? We got home late and crashed.

This week -- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday I have KK. Wednesday night I have plans and then backup plans in case those fall through. I can't wait until Friday though! I took my dress to have it hemmed today and will get it back in time for my party on Friday. The hair appointment has been made also for Friday. The people from work got together and decided after the party there is to be a trip to the comedy club and then after that dancing. I just have to find some undergarments for the dress and then I am all set! It should be a hoot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home