Monday, January 22, 2007

Save Yourself and Those You Like....

I went out Friday night with Angie and well we made a horribly depressing mistake. I am actually getting to the punch line before the story so let me rewind......I didn't get out of work until late for me on Friday. I met Angie at the Elephant Bar, which oddly enough is a swank restaurant not really a bar. We split an appetizer and dessert and the food was quite good.

We then headed to the theater, which is across the parking lot, and decided on the Pursuit of Happyness. Let me say this - I love happy feel good movies. I love light hearted comedies. If it has happyness in the title shouldn't it be one of these? I won't do a spoiler. Should you be feeling really good about your life, and want the will to live sucked out of you, spat upon and jumped up and down on then this is the movie for you!

We were going to go meet up with some others after the movie and I was so depressed I wanted to curl up in a corner and just cry. I wanted to hug my daughter and make her all sorts of promises. There is so little happyness and feel good in this movie that I feel cheated having spent two hours watching it. When this dvd ends up in the 99 cent bin -- Don't buy it you are still going to feel ripped off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home