Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Buffalo For Warmth?

Yesterday I got my tickets to Buffalo, well actually I have this circle trip thing from Denver to Syracuse, then Buffalo to New Hampshire, finally New Hampshire to Denver. Wait how am I getting from Syracuse to Buffalo? I am taking the train. Maybe I am just easily amused but it seemed like fun and the benefit of not having to know where I am going in a rental car is just icing. Yes I am directionally dysfunctional and I am ok with it. I am also a spoiled brat who is used to driving a 4 wheel drive vehicle in the snow and isn't sure she likes the idea of a car in NE in winter. Holy moly I just realized I bought the 4runner 7 years ago. Which means it has been 7 years since I have driven a car in the snow -- I think I'll pass if I can :)

But wait there's more! Oddly enough there are two other people going to Buffalo but they are not having a tour of the NE they are going just from here to there and back again. My ticket is only $35 more than theirs. *HAPPY DANCE*. It was going to be $98 more but then they wanted a different flight time back and when they went to book it the price had gone up but I had booked mine right away. So I have to pay the difference, but I am cool with that.

When I talked to the people in Buffalo last week they were actually quite a bit warmer than us, and can I just say how wrong that is? The last couple weeks have done a great job reminding me why I left South Dakota. When your windshield wiper fluid freezes to the windshield that just should be uninhabitable land. It definitely doesn't belong in my beloved Colorado.

I am still working on getting moved in. Many thanks to Doyce who came over last night and helped me get KK's room ready and get her crib moved into the room. I love the crib I got it was really easy to disassemble and reassemble. I am not sure I love the bedding she has but I was going for the girly room and egad is that stuff girly. I have one wall to still get the border up on and after I have that up I'll post some pictures up.

I still don't have a couch or a real sized tv yet, but thankfully I still have some budget left for those things. I need to measure my dining room and check into a table. I need to see if the one I want will fit there, but I am waiting to get the living room done first.

I feel like I still have a million things to do on my list, so I might be a bit more scattered than normal...fear me :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home