Monday, January 08, 2007

A Three Day Weekend of Moving

I started with the first load on Wednesday night, and I did another one on Thursday. Friday was to be snowy and crappy so I took the day off and decided to move as much as I could and as school was cancelled in the region the roomie was a doll and helped me. We got 3 or 4 loads done, and by the time the evening rolled around I was beat. I wish I had been able to sleep better, but new noises and being all alone my mind played horrible tricks on me. Saturday morning bright and early the cable guy showed up and I now have high speed internet and basic cable! I have very much missed high speed internet.

Then big brother showed up and we went off to fetch my mattress and box springs, and another trip for my desk. During the second trip the roomie was at the townhouse and the fridge, washer and dryer were delivered. While we were also out moving she assembled my bathroom cabinet and bookshelves for KK's room. She also got KK's room prepped for painting so thus I did owe her big and took her to the Melting Pot which I already blogged about but it was a riot. I picked up KK on my way home because Doyce needed a break from being daddy. This was very clear by his frazzled appearance and tone.

Sunday very bright and early - 8 am my 6 pieces of furnature arrived! The two guys took my bedset upstairs and completely assembled it. Shortly after they had come and gone the roomie showed up and painted KK's room while I tried to keep her out of the room. After her second time of putting her hand on the wall and bringing it away with paint on it and smiling a new direction was needed. I gave her a tiny roller and she put it on the wall and then on the back of my shirt. So needless to say a baby gate went up and the roomie was left to paint by herself.

I tried to put things away while KK tried hard to make things a mess. She had more success than I did. When she left at 2:30 I was off to home depot for some more paint to do another coat and some essentials. I got home and finished the room and then just relaxed for a bit.

So tonight is the first night since I could move that I won't be doing anything move wise, well probably :). Tonight is the first night of the new bowling league for work. I am going to have to trim my nails so they don't break.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're getting settled in - I remember it well. And the new noises thing took me a while to get used to, too. Happy House!

4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops, didn't sign in!

4:03 PM  
Blogger anna said...

Hey it's mom did your package arrive? good luck bowling

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home