Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Step Back to the Real World

I had a wonderful time in NY meeting everyone. I got on a plane in the wee hours of the night on Friday and arrived in the wee hours of the morning in DC - Dulles that is. I met a friend on the plane and we were both traveling to Syracuse from Denver. We decided to have breakfast together and well yes ok I had Freedom Toast. She and I looked at each other and when we sat down I was like -- right were in DC, thus it isn't French toast. Lots of craziness ensued with the arrival time of the plane changing 4 times and eventually ending up right back where it started as they found a different plane. New friend and I are waiting by the luggage when one of the NY crowd comes up and stands beside me. She said is that one of your friends? And all I could say honestly was - I think so :).

So the three of us leave the airport and all in separate cars, thankfully they put directionally disfunctional girl in the middle. We meet up after coffee was hunted and gathered. See this is where the coffee was hot and um... NY was hot so the coffee got to sit until it reached a room temp for me. We dropped off my stuff and took three cars again over to Kirstin's place where I then got to meet the rest of the crowd. Amy and Paul graciously stayed behind with the kiddies while the rest of us were off to the Ren Faire. Let me just say that here in Colorado we are so getting a bad deal with the Faire. The one in NY is huge! Needless to say this was an early night because I was so darned tired.

Sunday - morning err...Late morning early afternoon...I introduced Tim and then eventually Barry to Coupling. Barry was trying to play all cool until he heard continuous laughing during 'Inferno' and then he decided to join us. We watched season one and hadn't realized how much time had passed. Sunday late afternoon and evening was spent hanging out at Kirstins and having fun. This is the night of a third of a bottle of raspberry vodka and a few other little things that I drank and I have been told what happened in North Syracuse this trip, stays in North Syracuse this trip :).

Monday - I at some point early on in the evening told the boys I was taking them out for breakfast so after we all rolled out of bed and got showered -- call it noonish :) we went to one of their favorite spots and it was good. It really was like an old fashioned farm house breakfast. I took Tim back to his place and Barry went to drop off his truck and then I was off to Nate and Kirstin's. I got a bit lost in the complex and finally found the right place about 2 in the afternoon. Much power outage fun and late in-laws and well we didn't really get out of the place until 7:30 which really put a damper on girls day. We ended up running errands and having dinner at the diner at 9ish. I won't complain because well they had onion rings and cheesecake :). Amy and Paul were dear hearts would helped me find my way in the dark and chatted with me for awhile. I had hoped to be back before dark so I could find the way myself but no such luck, and at least I had fun. Stayed up way too early again. Is one supposed to sleep on vacation?

Tuesday - Tim had an early appointment so I got to sleep in a bit more which I suppose I should feel guilty about. I had promised him we'd go for Thai food and we finally were about to work that into the schedule. It was supposed to be cooler than it had been all week so we went to the lake and walked around for a couple hours. The lake is very pretty but apparently one of the most polluted in the US. It was still really pretty and so very quiet around there. I couldn't convince him to go canoeing on the lake. My theory is it doesn't matter how polluted it is as long as you don't fall in and I know he has great balance ;). I think I need a summer house on the lake... And a boat and.....A pony :). Next we were off to the driving range as there wasn't time to fit in 9 holes and I didn't have my clubs with me. We improvised and it was such a hoot. I really wanted to go play in the indoor drive range but it is closed in the summer. We then headed to the mall to hang out and that's where I learned pouting and sulking are both lost on Tim. It was a really really good day, so thanks Tim. We got back to their place and found a grumpy Barry who was left out of our threesome and was not happy about it. Poor Barry I shall have to find a way to make it up to him next time I am there. I had to leave without saying goodbye to him as he was on a call.

A special thanks to Tim and Barry for putting up with me all weekend, and making me laugh and smile more than I have in a long time. You both are the awesome and made me very sad that I had to leave.

13 Comments:

Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Lake Onodaga?

Yeah…it is nasty bad due to all the factories around it that used it as an open sewer for decades.

If you wanted a lake, you should have taken a trip up to Oneida, that is a lake. :)


But, it sounds like you had a good time, so good.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Ladienyte said...

Onondaga Lake, and yes, one of the most polluted lakes in the world.

Oneida Lake is nice ... as are Greenlakes, Lake Ontario and a number of others which are all within short driving distance in any given direction. Niagara Falls is nice too.

I'll be sure to take you to see one of said places, Stan ... count on it. ;)

12:44 PM  
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Sounds like a great time! Was it the NY Renaissance Fair in Tuxedo, NY that you went to? Or is there another one further upstate? I've still got friends working at the one in Tuxedo.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Been to Niagera, Fished on Ontario and Oneida.

Not been to Greenlakes, nor have I heard of them.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Stan you should know I never remember names of places. I barely remember people's names. Also no mountains on the west makes driving a wee bit more difficult :).

1:29 PM  
Blogger Ladienyte said...

Was it the NY Renaissance Fair in Tuxedo, NY that you went to? Or is there another one further upstate?

It's in Sterling, actually. We live upstate. :)

2:23 PM  
Blogger Ladienyte said...

Been to Niagera, Fished on Ontario and Oneida.

Not been to Greenlakes, nor have I heard of them.


Then you and I are totally going up to Oneida Lake. We could grab Nate and go to Sylvan Beach or something. That's a whole 25 minute drive or so. No biggie. :) Oneida Shores is closer, but Sylvan is a nicer place to hang out.

I love to fish ... you may have to be my new fishing buddy. No one around here likes to. lol!

Greenlakes is a manmade lake ... all sand on the bottom, no seaweed. LOVE it. It's only about 15 minutes from my house, too. NICE place to swim. We should go, and take my kids.

2:27 PM  
Blogger ***Dave said...

Having been introduced to RennFaires in California, I have to agree with the comment on the Colorado one. The one here would fill one side corner, somewhere in the back, of the SoCal one. At least back a decade ago.

Both are bloody hot, though. :-P

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard that Sterling is wonderful. (Too many friends on the Faire circuit who swear by it.)

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Green Lakes State Park contains 2 lakes, Green Lake and Round Lake. I've hiked around both of them, it's a great walk.

Daily Trivia: Both lakes were carved out of the limstone by glaciers. I believe that in some parts, they don't have a recorded depth because they can't find the bottom! So don't fall in, okay??

The beach is nice, though. For more information, go to:

http://nysparks.state.ny.us/parks/info.
asp?parkId=23

6:14 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Oh and with the new airport rules I am looking at a big monkeywrench in my travel plans. I am so hoping the whole thing blows over in less than a week....stop laughing it could happen!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Ladienyte said...

Thank you for the info on Greenlakes, Amy my dear. :) Love that place!

And yes, I've heard the same ... they cannot find the bottom in some places ... and I've also read that there is a crane (as in, machine) at the bottom ... somewhere. lol!

12:51 PM  
Blogger Boulder Dude said...

So, are the stop lights still upside down in Tip Hill?

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home