Wednesday, October 11, 2006

It's Wednesday Already?

That pretty much describes things today. Mom flew in for the weekend and back home yesterday. It was really nice to have her here, well except for her spoiling the child. I had to of course immediately impose on her to babysit Saturday night for me. I really wish sometimes that the parental units weren't so far away.

Let's see Sunday was ***Dave's musical and that was fantastic as always. KK was dancing in the pews and making all sorts of friends of the people around us. People couldn't believe how young she was as she was very well behaved and there were remarks about her having a natural talent for moving to the beat. After the play the consortium took us out for a yummy dinner.

Monday, we went to the aquarium and thankfully my softball game was cancelled as there was rain all day and it was fairly miserable as anyone watching Monday Night Football can probably understand. I would have gone and happily played in the rain but rain and cold is a bit much.

Updates: No update on the house yet. No sponsorship of the team for the turkey bowl. No babysitter lined up for Saturday night :(.

Oh and it's that time of year when I need to figure out if I a) get new glasses, b) go with contacts, or c) Opt for corrective surgery for my eyes. Input welcome :)

1 Comments:

Blogger ***Dave said...

Take my input for what it's worth:

1. Glasses are a constant low-level irritant, in keeping them clean and so forth.

2. Contact lenses mean POKING STUFF INTO MY EYES. And the regular pain of cleaning and fluiding and replacing and all that crap. At least when I wake up, I know where my glasses are.

3. Surgery means SOMEBODY CUTTING AND/OR LASERING MY EYES. Give me another 10-15 years and I'll believe that eye surgery of that sort is long-term safe.

I mean -- damn. SURGERY ON MY EYES for something that glasses can correct just fine (and, since I get the light-senstive lenses, I don't have to carry around sunglasses)?

I vote for glasses. :-)

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home