Monday, November 20, 2006

Downside to being Detail Oriented

I am one of those people who must research, evaluate, and then re-evaluate decisions. Add into that my constant search for more data. Now mostly I reserve this power for big things, and it's probably why I have been searching for a new house/place to live for 3 months and I hardly feel any closer to where I want to be then I was when I started. I found a few places I really like and if I tried hard enough I can talk myself out of all of them. Why does Highlands Ranch have to be so darned expensive :) ? I suppose also I am asking for a lot and don't really have the budget to back it up. Bah humbug and I want a pony too!

In other news I got an email today from someone at work asking about if I want to join a bowling league. I think that counts as a sport right?

4 Comments:

Blogger ***Dave said...

Most people would consider it a sport. And 281 cal./hr, which isn't shabby. About the equivalent of heavy cleaning.

As to talking yourself out of choices, it's really, really, really easy to do when making a decision for yourself (esp. a momentous one, like house buying). At least, I've always found it that way.

12:52 PM  
Blogger DeAnna said...

Hm...I've found that if you're in a position to be able to talk yourself out of something, you really weren't supposed to commit to it, anyway. Lee and Ray worked that way, and, to a lesser extent, so did our house! Which you still haven't seen yet!

9:54 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

I have the amazing power to be able to talk myself into or out of almost anything. Jackie's perfect house doesn't exist. I am certain of it -- ok well not for what I can afford to pay anyway.

7:36 AM  
Blogger ***Dave said...

Trust me, Jackie -- if you could afford more, you would simply be lusting after even more expensive houses ... :-)

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home