Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Living

I just dropped my folks at the airport and it was wonderful to have them out here. I miss having them closer but neither of us are willing to move so what can you do? My daughter of course had them charmed from the first moment they were all together. I got so much done around the house this weekend. Electric lawn mowers just rock!

I do get to go to NYC next month. One of my friends is going to come with me so I am really excited about it. The new boss has been just awesome and I really hope that is a trend that continues. I got another call today about a job that is one my co-worker just took for the same company doing the same job. She took a contract to hire, they talked to me about a full time one :). I am now in the position of being able to recommend to him someone from my current job who I know is looking. It's a strange thing honestly. I think I have someone in mind but it's a strange thing to be in that position. The recruiter of course had to ask if he could woo me from the other offer I got. He admitted I had a very good offer and that he couldn't come close enough to it.

I think this Friday will be incredibly hard for me, and one of the saddest days I have ever had. I have been a bit of a mess lately just with all the change, so if I haven't been in touch as much I apologize and please just get in touch with me :).

2 Comments:

Blogger ***Dave said...

Well, heck, Jackie -- if you look at the list of Top 10 stressors, you've hit several of them in the last year or two -- having a child, getting a divorce, moving, getting a new job.

Here's hoping that's it for the list, and things settle down into relative placidity for a while.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hang in there change is tough, I am also looking into new job opportunities, even though I don't hate the job I am in, however, I know it does not really give me the growth opportunities and definitely does not have the $$ I need to support the family - not if I ever want to be a home owner or get out of my student loan debt that is:) Look forward to where you will be a month from now, it makes it easier to deal with what is happening on Friday.

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home