Thursday, April 05, 2007

And I Jumped.

I did it. Yesterday I am such a wuss that I got all sorts of emotional when I was writing my resignation. I really don't hate my job. I enjoyed it truly, but I have some big concerns and well when you know your co-workers are making 15-20K more than you it makes you a bit bitter. My company was very cool about it and did offer to match it but then where do I go from there? The company is little and getting smaller each year.

Someone pointed out to me that this was the last in the wiping the slate clean and making my life different. Call it what you like but I am terrified.

My new boss called me yesterday and she was just so wonderful. She started by saying I know you have a little girl and if you can't travel I understand, but we have this managers conference in NY next month and I'd really think it would be great if you can make it. I mentioned this to my developer and she's like -- WE ARE SO GOING! She talked me into going the weekend before the conference and hanging out with her. She is checking with the fiance to see if she can go.

I found out today they have tuition reimbursement. It will probably have to wait until KK is a bit older though.

4 Comments:

Blogger ***Dave said...

Yay! Yay! Yay!

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Congratulations!

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Foolish man forgot to leave a name

9:22 AM  
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Way to go! Maybe we'll be able to meet up in NYC!

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home