Thursday, March 22, 2007

I never thought....

So I did finally post my resume on a large job site and didn't think much of it. I have gotten a few emails about it this week most for some odd reason want me to relocate to Wisconsin, um....no thanks :). Then I keep getting ones for the Springs, see above about no thanks :). Today I got an email about a job here in Denver when I didn't respond to it within 20-25 minutes, they called me.

Egad! They want me in for an interview tomorrow. The manager is staying late (their idea not mine) so she can talk to me ASAP. All good right? Not as much as you might think, see I haven't had a real interview in about 3 years which means the suit I had then falls off. I was supposed to have KK tonight and tomorrow night. Doyce is being very cool about looking out for her so I can check into this opportunity. I did go get a suit tonight. I would have liked to have more time to pick one out but I wasn't expecting a response so soon. Now I am all flustered because I don't feel like I have enough time to prepare. Even if nothing comes of it, it is kinda nice to have the company seek me out.

5 Comments:

Blogger DeAnna said...

Good LUCK!!!

8:50 PM  
Blogger ***Dave said...

What she said!

6:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

O.K. I am no expert, but I love doing interviews. Girl, no one is going to honk your horn for you, so you need to go in with all of your strengths flying - and don't be afraid to mention at least one thing you need to work on - they like to hear that kind of crap. And don't be afraid to mention the things that you need, like importance of KK and other priorities. Companies are so desperate to get great staff that they are willing to give in certain areas to get someone with good work history. GOOD LUCK and keep us all posted. OH, and do be a little cautious of their persistance almost bordering on desperation...

8:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, and here is a last minute thought, it may be too late. But don't wear the power suit to work if you can help it, change right before the interview. When I started wearing suits to work at my last job, they were all asking me if I was interviewing for a new job - people have a nose for this kind of stuff:)

8:20 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

We are casual on Fridays so the suit would have stuck out like a beacon. I left it hanging in the car. I did however have to go back and get them to remove the security tags from it!

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home