Monday, March 12, 2007

Yucky Mommy Stuff

The angel slept through the night which could have gone either way as she skipped her nap yesterday. She woke up chipper and happy as she normally does and all was right with the world until......I asked her to pick out her shoes and lined the two choices up for her. She took one and put it back where I got it from, and I stupidly assumed that she wanted the pair she didn't put back on her feet. She picked that pair up out of my hands and chucked them across the room. ( Have I mentioned what a good arm she has?).

Now usually she can just be told she's going to the daycare lady's house and then she is happy to put the shoes on, but today she was having none of it. She is usually happy to put her jacket on too, but not today. She wanted to stay at the house with me all day again. Which should make me feel great but there is so much to do at work that it just wasn't possible. So I asked her to come talk to me and she did. I gathered up the jacket and shoes and decided the little battles didn't matter it was the war that was important. She was ok with getting in the car as long as I wasn't putting the shoes and jacket on.

Now I did manage to get socks on her and she managed to pull them off on the ride and make them into a wad and hit me in the shoulder with them. I had to look away and laugh a little quietly so she wouldn't see it because while it might amuse me today, it may not be amusing in the future.

She was happy to get to daycare and I brought her stuff in and apologized to the lady for my daughter arriving in clothes and socks and let her in on what happened. KK let me know she wasn't pleased but eventually gave me a hug.

I am not sure if it is better to have her scream at the door when I leave daycare or not want to go altogether but I am hoping this is a short lived phase.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Was non existant with Jadyn and only occurred with Malik when I took him to daycare. Then he would cry uncontrollably for quite some time and manage to tick everyone off. To the point where I would make Reg take him every morning. Also happened the first month of Kindergarten until I told him he didn't have to cry everyday - oddly, then it stopped with no further discussion needed.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I actually ended up with a variation on that theme, this morning.

Did she want to get dressed? Oh yes.

Did she want socks? Mmmmnot so much.

Did she want shoes? She wanted to keep handing me different pairs, but wasn't thrilled about getting them on.

Getting into the car and strapping in was just fine and plenty exciting.

Quite a bit of scowling on the way over, but quietly.

But when we got to Josie's she pulled this sort of Ghandhi-esque passive-resistance -- she just sat there -- didn't help me get the straps undone; wouldn't lean in to help me pick her up, or raise her arms up or anything.

"You can carry me in if you want, Daddee, but I'm not going to be a part of this."

No active resistance, but no support.

She's also making a very good grumpy "rrrrrrrrr" face now.

Definitely a dangerous time -- the kind of time when she'll build up some really annoying habits if they give her payoff.

I'm skeered. :)

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home