Friday, March 02, 2007

Congratulations!

You have a sinus infection! You get huge antibiotic pills that you must find a way to choke down!

The doctor thinks I caught a cold and then this moved in on top of it. I seem to get one of these every winter and I had not had one yet, so here it is. One of the things I really like about my job is that I can take a day or half day occasionally and work from home. It involves pre-planning usually but it is at least possible.

I will be the first one to say that I don't do sick well. It makes me crabby and tired. This is one of those times where there is a huge downside to being a single parent, because the girl doesn't understand that I am sick and she is well so she wants to play.

One of the things I am doing now is that every night that she is with me, I am sitting her down at the table and we are eating dinner together. We generally even have the same meal, but of course she has vegetables and fruits and I generally don't. I am not a big veggie fan and my allergy makes most fruits right out the door.

I decided to make us some pudding for dessert. I am doing my best to pass on my love of warm pudding to her and it's working amazingly well. It was a little too hot at first and I started to blow on hers and then realized doing so meant passing my germs to her, bad idea. I dumped that bowl and got her a new one. She was telling me to eat last night, but my pudding was all gone already :). I am learning based on what the daycare lady says and another mom here at work, whose daughter is a little over a month older than mine, that KK is really communicative. She woke up this morning saying, "Mommy I need help." The help she needed was getting out of the crib. Thank all that she hasn't decided to be monkey girl and attempt a great escape.

I have a friend coming to stay with me this weekend while her floors are getting tiled. It should be a hoot. I think tonight we are doing dinner and a movie. Tomorrow night is a big outside of work get together with those of us that were a touch wild and crazy at the Xmas party so that should be a blast. Downside is that she is a nurse and might make me rest more than I normally would.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!!! 29 and holding!!! WOO HOO!!!

Big Hugs
L

10:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy B-day Jackie!

6:26 PM  
Blogger ***Dave said...

Happy Birthday, Jackie! Hugs!

*** Dave (and Margie and Katherine)

9:27 PM  
Blogger DeAnna said...

Happy birthday!!!

9:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Glad to hear it was a good one and that you are feeling better.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home