Friday, February 16, 2007

Almost Perfect

I am not sure what would have made it more perfect but yesterday was a really good day. Ok I take that back, I can think of a thing or two :).

So anyways, it was also a very busy day. I inspired someone to work on something yesterday they needed to do but lacked the desire to get started on, and now they are jazzed about it. I bought both my couch and my dining room set. I paid more than I wanted to but such is life I guess. They will be delivered not this weekend but the following one. I learned a bunch about cooking that I didn't know. I will be the first to say that having said that, the classes are very overpriced.

My developer and I learned to make lemon chicken, which yes while I am partly allergic to it, is also one of my favorite dishes ever. I am very excited to know how to make it. I am also a bit torn now as it gives me a perfect excuse to buy a deep fryer, but I am not sure that is a good thing. Sweet onion rings and cheeseballs ... yeah maybe not a great idea :). I am really wanting to try some of the other dishes that I got recipes for last night but alas the table must arrive first. Soon! soon! I tell you!

My plan is to get my house almost all the way put away this weekend. At a minimum, I will get the bookshelves I need for my room bought, assembled, and loaded with books. That seems like an achievable goal, right? With KK out of town it seems a bit more likely that it will happen. She is often helpful in a way that isn't when it comes to cleaning. I don't want to be one of those parents that is constantly telling her no she can't play with something just because I don't want to have to put it away so my rule is as long as it isn't dangerous then it's fine.

1 Comments:

Blogger DeAnna said...

Oh, reminds me. I recommend "Dad's Own Cookbook" as having recipes that are 1) yummy, 2) easy, and 3) accompanied with insightful explanations. My first non-Mom cookbook, in all kinds of ways. Let me know if you want to borrow it.

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home