Saturday, February 24, 2007

Brave Friends

I seem to have caught the cold that has had KK's nose running since she got back from SD. It started with a touch Wednesday morning and me drinking enough water that I thought it was just dehydration and I had beat it, but by Thursday night I knew that was not the case and I was going to in fact be catching something.

I talked to my friends that were supposed to come down for dinner on Friday night and they still wanted to come. I am not coughing so I figured I could probably get away with making dinner as long as I kept washing my hands. I really did want to make chicken vindaloo and I had willing subjects so while it didn't turn out perfect it was still fairly tasty. I got the vindaloo a bit too spicy and it cooked long enough that it didn't really have a sauce. This is the downside to having a toddler who demands mommy's attention.

We ate at the kitchen island as the dining room table is not supposed to be delivered until today. The couch should also be arriving soon. I have gone outside and shoveled the driveway and sidewalk. I can't wait to have the last big pieces of furniture. It would have been really great to have them last night but such is life.

My checklist that I still have to get involves a tv, a coffee table of some fashion. As I have typed this my couch and table have shown up! HAZZAH!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home