Friday, March 16, 2007

Traveling Ways

One of the nice things about being married is that you have a built in travel partner and if you're lucky you want to go see the same places and travel the same way. The ex and I never enjoyed travel the same way. I am the kind that can live out of a suitcase and never really unpack it and be in a different place each night if it means doing more of the things I want to do. He was more of a nester. He'd like to sit down and create a base camp and unpack his suitcase before anything else was done. This was a source of frustration for both of us.

I know I had a point here somewhere....oh yes! So I am going on a whole bunch of trips it seems this summer, and some of the people I have traveled with before and some not so much but it will hopefully be all good! I started to think and count - California twice, Vancouver, Cape Cod, and San Diego ( which yes I know is in California as well so that makes 3 :). I think some of these are much more likely to happen than others but possibly they all might happen.

So what kind of traveler are you and if you could go somewhere this year, where would it be?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's something we have in common. I never unpack my bags when I'm on vacation. Its just easier and more organized for me.

Hugs
Lori

12:56 PM  
Blogger ***Dave said...

I'm much the "unpack at base camp" kinda guy -- and run about frenetically around the base camp for at least a few days. I just find it a bit of security whilst in a strange place -- a spot to come back that's "mine."

That said, I've done plenty of suitcase vacationing. With the right company and the right locale, that can be fun, too.

3:09 PM  
Blogger DeAnna said...

Unpack? If you unpack, you can't leave.

In my opinion, traveling must involve some kind of luxury. I will skimp on essentials in order to accommodate luxuries. Fortunately, I am not addicted to shoes so this is not too big of a deal.

I'm going to Santa Fe around May 1. I may or may not drive down to Roswell.

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home