Friday, March 24, 2006

Expanding the Horizons

     Sushi. The Friday crew decided on sushi for lunch today. I winced a bit and the girls were very nice to my fragile little ego and decided to make me feel like going would be fun. I just had to smile when one of the boys decided to pick on me saying I was one of the last people he expected to see going out for sushi.
     I wasn't sure how brave I was feeling so I did the really chicken thing. I mean *ahem* I ordered chicken tempura and then off the side menu decided the thing that sounded least objectionable based on a conversation with a friend before hand would be tuna. So I ordered tuna rolls, and I even tried the miso soup. It was ok but why waste time on things in life that are just ok?
     I waited and eventually on one big platter all the sushi came as did the main dishes and the boat that another girl ordered. I didn't hate it, but I found the smell off-putting. I had one tuna roll and gave 2 away and have 3 in the fridge that I will likely give to willing targets tonight at the game. I might even try another one.
     Did I mention they don't believe in giving out real silverware? Yes I am much comedy relief with chopsticks and a bowl of rice. Sometimes being too vain to ask for a fork and forcing yourself to use chopsticks is good. Other times its just funny or sad, but I am leaning toward funny.

1 Comments:

Blogger ***Dave said...

Then I consider it a fine thing that De will be there. (I would anyway, but especially if it means she'll dispose of the sushi).

There's a very good sushi restaurant near my boss's house, and when we've done offsite meetings there we've usually ended up there for a dinner or lunch. Fortunately, they have other yummy Japanese things, and I've long since learned not to take it personally when people marvel at my lack of sushiness.

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home