Monday, April 23, 2007

Greener Pastures

If the saying is true then today should be my first day in greener pastures. I should be getting ready but I think I got up too early and the orientation is at the office that is closer to me. I have a half day at this office and my boss was going to let me have the rest of the day off but her boss stepped in and nixed that. I have been warned about her and I am hoping it isn't as bad as I think it could be.

Thursday night my friends from the old job took me out and we had just a hoot. There was pool, shuffleboard, bowling and MECH Warrior. I found a mech that really agrees with me and won despite the boys that play army games for hours a night being part of the crowd. I held it together fairly well and only one person came close to making me cry but I didn't lose it until I was 5 feet from the door and alone. At my goodbye lunch one of the girls drew a picture using crayons and the tablecloth that is just precious. I am going to frame it.

I suppose I should finish getting ready. Hope all is well with everyone.

2 Comments:

Blogger ***Dave said...

Good luck, Jackie -- thinking of you.

8:21 AM  
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Good luck! May your first day be fabulous, and set the stage for many more to come!

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home