Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I should have asked for more money.

I am having a bit of trouble adjusting to being a boss and while I only have one direct report I have been told what is expected of me and it is to be a leader to the entire team. There are a few people feeling jealous of the things I am being given. They are obviously ignorant of the expectations that have been joined with those things.

I am feeling frustrated and lonely. I suppose it isn't anything that shopping therapy won't fix. I am very much looking forward to the NYC trip. I also know there is a Houston trip in my future. Oh and my travel luck returns for that one -- mid summer.

5 Comments:

Blogger ***Dave said...

Any time you need to bend an ear, or hear someone talk like they know how to manage, feel free to call or IM. :-)

It's a very different sitch for you, so even ideally it's going to be a stressful change.

Keeping you in my thoughts, etc.

11:31 PM  
Blogger ***Dave said...

And re Houston in the Summer -- no worries -- every building and car is heavily air conditioned, and it's expected you'll dash from one to the other in an undignified hurry.

11:33 PM  
Blogger DeAnna said...

Big hug.

6:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

They do say it is lonely at the top. Likely won't be that way for long. You will get to know people soon and likely enjoy your job as much as you hated to leave the last one.

Good luck, I am sure you will do fine, it all seems a little easier after the first paycheck, a pedicure and like you said, retail therapy!

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck, you.

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home