Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Like Monday but not...

I thought I was being all cool and I even worked yesterday for almost a full 8 hours on work stuff -- from home but still I was quite proud of myself. You can imagine my surprise this morning right before I am to present this project to two different groups -- one being the President of the company and the other being a group of upper crust -- to be pulled into the VP's office and basically told she isn't sure I am up to the task and shouldn't I maybe let my boss do the presenting?

I normally love my boss and today she was amazing -- as we walked out she looked at me and told me I was the right person to do it, she had every confidence in me, and to go show the VP. She is the shield I definitely need between me and the VP. She told me she didn't want to do it just on principle. When we got off the call she told me that I did a great job. She also told me I did a great job on two other things, now this is really impressive because by her own admission she was crabby today and is usually stingy with praise :).

I am working on getting my ducks in a row to start my masters program next week-- YIKES!! next week! I have to write a letter of intent and do a few other things. I did some of the yesterday but to be honest I am a bit scared. I am being ridiculous and the only thing worse than being ridiculous -- is being ridiculous and knowing that you are.

2 Comments:

Blogger ***Dave said...

For whatever it's worthy, I think you will do splendidly in the Masters program. Go knock 'em dead.

10:53 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Thanks Dave. I get a bit freaked out by the whole thing. :)I think I am going to miss CCU where they would just bring us our books the last night of the class for the next class.

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home