Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I was right.

I didn't get x-rays but the doctor said he was fairly certain I broke my tail bone. He said the x-rays wouldn't change how he treated it. He sent me out the door with an anti-inflammatory and vicodin.

Now, I used to be a real wuss when it came to pain, but after childbirth it is all relative. Last night I decided I was tired of the pain and took a vicodin. Sweet nectar. I had forgot in 3 days what it was like to not have pain. Okay so technically the pain is still there, but I just wasn't able to care about it. I had several conversations because I was feeling chatty and now understand it is much like what it must feel like to have ADD.

I really need to vacuum the stairs and the pine needles but I can't imagine being able to do that for like weeks.

I am fairly excited about the Christmas party for my old company which is Friday night. I went this past weekend and bought a new dress. For the first time in 3 years, it isn't a black one. It is a royal blue. It is elegant and gorgeous. I really wanted this year to dance on the bar at Coyote Ugly, but the tail bone fracture might be a bit prohibitive.

4 Comments:

Blogger ktbuffy said...

Ouch!
If I can help in any way when I'm out there over the holidays, let me know!

10:01 AM  
Blogger DeAnna said...

Hm...I really have to see you when you're hyped up on Vicodan now. You were pretty funny after a glass and a half of wine :)

4:19 PM  
Blogger ***Dave said...

I did the broken tailbone thing before. Not fun, but it does usually get better -- though it makes long plane rides a bit less comfortable, I fear.

6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes!

Get well soon.

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home