Thursday, January 31, 2008

A charmed life?

Someone told me last night that I am living the charmed life. I suppose in some regards that is true, but it is all relative to what you consider charmed and what is important to you.

I have a good job that much is true, but what most people don't understand is that I really do work hard and more hours than I'd like.

I do have the most fantastic daughter and that is pure luck. I know everyone thinks their child is amazing, but I am blessed beyond the telling of it. She lights up my life. I seriously can't go anywhere with her without her making some kind of friend or watching strangers eat out of the palm of my daughters hand. I am lucky enough to have an ex-husband who is good about sharing the responsibilities with me. I know most people in my situation can't even talk to their ex without wanting to hire a hit man.

I also could be considered charmed in that I do own my own place that is really me. When we were looking at it they were calling it the all about Jackie house. It has everything that is important to me, but I won't stay here forever as I have the luxury of being able to afford more next time. I laugh now as when I bought this place I had a futon and my clothes. I left almost everything behind to wipe the slate clean. Okay so I did get my oven back but you can't leave Burt behind....yeah I named my oven.

Love life....dear lord no one would envy me there. Enough said.

Last but not least....friends. Oh hell yes I am living the charmed life there. I won't even argue. Yesterday at work I got a call and to my friend I cut her off before she even got started and said I need to call you back I can't talk right now. I can I call you back before I leave. I had a line of people at my desk three people deep. An hour later I get a text asking when I would be off work and would I please call. Now some people would have been put off by my first answer, and she instead didn't make another call but waited for me to call her back....because she wanted to take me to .....



















Yes those were really our seats no zoom on the cellphone - row 7 off the ice. To the left is where the refs came and went off the ice. Yeah it's good to be me sometimes. Did I mention the seats were a gift from her boss?

2 Comments:

Blogger ***Dave said...

Well, we consider you a charm in *our* lives, so ...

11:57 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

You and Margie are pure awesome!

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home