Sunday, February 10, 2008

College at USD

I will always have very fond memories of college at Verm-town. And yes I realize that only people who went to 'my' USD will understand that. I have had reason to think back on college lately, and remember all the good times we had. I am lucky enough to have two of my best pals from college living out here, but were I truly blessed they would still get along.

I think sometimes that I am back to almost where I was then, except with a few more responsibilities and a heck of a lot more money! I strangely miss the dorm life at times. I wonder if I should have stayed in them another year, and would that have made anything turn out differently? I figured out that some of those people I have been friends with for a long time. The number of years surprised me. Which reminds me I really need to look up Carleen's number and get it back in my phone.

School is different right now - I am taking classes for my masters and I don't really know the people in my class, and honestly they are just not that interesting. It does make me want to look up more of the people I knew back when....Where the hell is Eric McGlynn!

1 Comments:

Blogger ***Dave said...

There are two key components to "college" -- the academic and the social. The two often intersect, but I've become more convinced over the years that the latter is at least as important to our growing up as the former.

Pursuing further academic studies in night courses and online learning and the like feed our academic needs. But they don't do anything for the social ones.

There are times I miss the dorm life, too.

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home