Tuesday, February 19, 2008

February Out of the Country

I looked at my passport this morning and noticed an interesting trend. I have been out of the country 3 times in the last 5 years and each and every time it has been February. England in 2003, France in 2004 and now Canada in 2008. I will be adding some more stamps next month and break this whole trend wide open!

Anyway, I am back in the US and yes our border people are much nicer. Three questions and that was it, nice, simple and easy! Better yet even that two out of the three questions made perfect sense to me. They also did the pre-screening in Canada so once we landed in the US no herding through customs.

I had a really fun time up in the great north! My bag had a great time too -- so much so that it stayed over a few more hours. The currier called and I should have it tonight. Why is it the whenever my luggage has been lost it has been lost on direct flights? Actually I was lucky. The first flight to Denver this morning at 6:30 was delayed and still had not taken off by the time our plane did at noon. I think lots of baggage made it to Denver and the passengers are still stuck in Canada.

And I am going to rant here for just a second -- I don't care how old you are, if you are going to take up the entire arm rest -- could you at last not have your elbow so far into my seating area that I can't even read my book! This old guy - I would say gentlemen.... but after a two hour flight with him I am sure it would be a lie....had his elbow so far into my seat that I couldn't turn the pages with my left arm because his elbow was in the way. When your elbow is well past my tray table get it back where it belongs! He's lucky I was in a good mood. Manners cost nothing people!
Ok rant over now.

So anyways, I had just unbelievable weather for this time of year in Canada which meant I was still really cold :). When I arrived at the hotel, I was given a free upgrade to a murphy bed and breakfast which translates into a bunch of cuts and bruises about 8 inches up my leg. I will say that I did learn quickly where the limits of the bed where. OH! And in the duty free store in Canada I found that one really good liquor with the tough looking elephant on the front. I hope it survives my luggage's misadventure. I am glad thought that if my luggage was going to get lost that it happened on the way to Denver instead of to Canada.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home