Monday, February 25, 2008

Mouth Checked in Brain Hasn't

I knew it was probably going to be a rough day when it starts out and I am outsmarted by a two and a half year old. I was brushing my teeth and I made the mistake of confining her in the bathroom with me. She takes my undies and asks if she can throw them in the water -- I am not thinking but I bet you can see where this is going -- I say sure wondering to myself where is she going to find water? She then proceeds to throw them in the toilet and giggles wildly. I react not at all because this is not a trend I want to see. She is bored quickly and opens the door and escapes.

Now if that isn't a horrible way to start the day let me then say my boss is completely down with likely pneumonia and was out today and will be again tomorrow. She lulls me into a conversation where she says that she is supposed to go to a conference tomorrow and would I go in her place? Last time this happened it was a very good time and sure why not go in her place? After I agree, tricky lady that she is, she then drops the bomb that it is an executive forum and the CFO of **insert huge 25K employee plus corp I work for here** is taking the handful of exec's going to lunch after. I think the CFO is awesome and someone I'd love to sit down with and have a meal with.

Now I will say after seeing the list I am really hoping that one of the other attendees decides she is too sick to attend. Now granted she is sick, but I'd also rather pull my eyelashes out than spend a couple hours alone with her. I feel like being around her is much like being on a verbal battlefield where it is just best to keep your head down and hope to avoid fire. I think the part about her that bothers me is that she is just plain out moody.

I have also been harassed today about having an oven that I named and that I don't bring in enough treats for everyone. I will point out that I just brought in cookies on Friday for the underling's birthday. Oh and did I mention the best friend from college is trying to kill me?

Right and I forgot my other really brilliant move today. Decide to make a yummy beef roast for dinner tomorrow night, then because you know there will be too much food invite your friend that doesn't eat red meat over!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home