Sunday, March 02, 2008

Thinking Chair

I sat around yesterday and wasted a beautiful day by cleaning my house and doing laundry and generally getting to the things you usually put off (This was a bloody stupid plan given the weather yesterday and the weather today!) I had I'll say a friend drop by and give me a gift, which was very sweet. It was a very thoughtful gift, but as we talked I realized that in the 10 months I have known and spent time around them, I know them but they don't really know me. I can tell them very insightful things about themselves and they can't even remember my favorite color. By the time they left, they had already hurt my feelings several times and I think the worst part is they didn't even know it. I sat for awhile after they left and wondered why I even bother to be their friend and you know I didn't come up with a good answer. I suppose that should tell me something right there. Perhaps I am just too sensitive.

I am a firm believer in shopping therapy and today my best friend from college has deemed that it is all about me today. I hit a great sale at Macy's and bought my first cashmere sweater. (Thanks Lori & Dave :). I was finally able to find another pair of Ann Klein blue jeans! Whoot! They were not on sale but less than the last pair I bought. I also bought a silk neck purse thingy for the trip on Friday. A quick stop at Vic's Secret and I scored a couple more great deals!

Also yesterday I went through a ton of papers and shredded them. I found an old review from my last job and it just made my day. I thought about where I was back then and where I am now and I really can't find much to complain about. Have you ever looked at the statements you get from the government about your income since you started working? The social security sends them out. I was just amused.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home